HekaOnechan

LOST and NEVER FOUND

0

If you have been a foodie way before the word was invented, you’ll probably miss foods that are no longer available in this time and age.
Who are they you say?
Here’s the TOP 5 food chains that made me wonder where were they now? Do they still have one here in the Metro? I still remember the taste of my childhood as it seems that everything is big and places are way too far for my little steps.


1.     A&W Restaurant
This is where floats are generated or I believe so. I vividly remember my mom would always forbid me to take a sip of their legendary root beer float as it consist beer or so she thought. They even have an enormous play place for hyper children at that time.



2.   Texas Chicken
It was always a dilemma for us to choose from KFC and Texas Chicken but since Texas offers a sweet bun rather than pairing the chicken with rice, it always win our hearts. According to my intensive research, Texas Chicken is now named Church’s Chicken. There's one in MOA.






3.  POPEYES Chicken and Biscuits
As a keen devotee of their chicken I was really shocked that the next weekend we visited the place, it was gone as if it was just renovating and eventually gone along with my love. The question in my mind was “Are we the only patrons of this place?”,“Why is it gone?”. I know it isn't so since I often see long queue of hungry angry people to its counter.

It seems that POPEYES lost the effect of his spinach on a very crucial time.  








4.Carl’s Jr.
Not really a Carl’s jr. baby since I’m not a burger person but we pass by it every week on Glorietta I think it was called QUAD at that time.  If I remember correctly it was located at the now NIKE store in Glorietta 4. =)


           5.   Cindy’s
Oh Cindy’s, I love their palabok! What a heartache knowing that there is no longer a Cindy’s branch anywhere here in MM.  My extra efforts were once again in vain looking for other branches and found out they have about 90 outlets and franchises none of which located near here. There are @ Baguio, Bataan, Bulacan, Cagayan, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Isabela, La Union, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Tarlac and Zambales. For a girl like me who has no provincial ancestral home, this is such a disappointment.


Is there anything you miss? I still have a few cravings in mind but they are products not establishments... =) like the mickey mouse sandwich ice cream!!!!! a hidden mickey I never found... T_T...



SIDE STORY:

I found a really cool price list that should have a caption of "BLAST from the PAST". credits to its owner.


I think this was on 1990... 








0 comments:

Post a Comment